I was lounging in the bath last night, when I realized how wonderful it is to have a bathtub. Not too long ago, I was “living” in a shack on a beach with very few creature comforts.
In no particular order, here are five things for which I’m super grateful:
- A bathtub! I don’t know if cleanliness is next to Godliness, but it’s next to impossible with only a teeny, tiny shower stall.
- A real kitchen with actual appliances, including a full size fridge/freezer. In my initial excitement at having the technology to freeze food, I may have eaten far too much ice-cream. I’m over my ice-cream feeding frenzy now…mostly.
- In-house laundry facilities. Not only do I have a squeaky clean body, but pristine clothes to cover it with!
- Improved mental health. My mainland year was tough, and I almost crumbled. I’m stronger and healthier now.
- Seeing my Boy doesn’t require a ferry ride (or two.) We’re both on the Island, separated only by a couple hundred kms of well-maintained highway. This is likely a contributing factor to #4.